Friday, March 28, 2008

Almost Springtime Thoughts

Today there were fat snowflakes falling on the cherry blossoms. I sat at my table at Pete’s Coffee with my usual Friday writing group, enjoying my view of Green Lake. Quite contentedly, I watched Seattle’s version of a blizzard. The other day I just had had a moment of panic when I realized that winter is very nearly gone and I needed to start savoring the limited time left to wear scarves. But, I don’t think it is quite time yet to panic over such things.

This afternoon at 5:00 when the sun came out, I walked to the post office and put my first book proposal in the mail. It is the culmination of 7 months of focused work, and still it feels like only a little seed. I have written about 100 pages of this book (rough draft, mind you!) and it all feels like seeds. Ok, maybe it’s more like the little Spring flowers just barely peeking above ground. It is amazing that something that could take so much work, heart, angst, and emotional resources, is still so young in its lifespan. I long for summer with this project– when I have the completed rough draft of the manuscript and I can more fully see the story it wants to be.

I gotta go! I am off to a bridal shower for my sister.

1 comment:

dancinglife said...

What an act of faith, hope, and love to get that thing in the mail...